Global Entrepreneurship Week is a collection of tens of thousands of events, activities and competitions each November that inspire millions to explore their potential as an entrepreneur while fostering connections and increasing collaboration within their ecosystems.
Diversity is a driver of innovation and economies suffer if a nation or group of people are underrepresented or face structural barriers – the world needs more entrepreneurs. Powered by the Kauffman Foundation, Global Entrepreneurship Week has expanded to 170+ nations since its launch in 2008 with 20,000 partner organizations now serving as GEN’s community-building backbone.
This year’s GEW will be on the 16th of November till the 22nd the theme that we chose to go with is education which is the same as last year because we think that there is still a room of spreading awareness in the Yemeni community about the role and impact of entrepreneurship in the society.
1. Startups from different fields of business.
2. Women Entrepreneurs.
3. Business Incubators.
4. Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Stakeholders (Ministry of trade, NGOs, INGOs, Universities, Banks, MFIs, and incubators etc.)
Project Progress Rate100%
1. More than 12000 participants.
2. spreading the celebration in five different governorates.
3. Advisory Sessions for more than 80 startups.
4. Creating partnerships between different stakeholders to reach an ecosystem that supports the Yemeni economy.
5. Increase the collaboration during the celebration between local organization.
6. Help in highlighting upcomers in the local business fields.
7. Highlighting entrepreneurship in local products.